panel notification area -- not many apps

Hi all. I'm really glad that gnome decided to implement a panel notification area (aka system tray), however I feal that there are hardly any apps out there that support it yet. The only things that show up for me right now is gaim and acme.

I would like to be able to put more things in the notification area such as the volume control, the gweather applet, a wireless link monitor and a battery monitor.. right now these all exist as panel applets, and I think they are MUCH better suited as notification area icons. At the very least they should offer an option of being able to be added to the notification area.

Is there currently any way of moving panael applets to the notification area?

Thanks,
Ben Davis