Re: gnome-terminal crashing because of fonts

On Mon, 2003-03-03 at 11:38, Dimitar Haralanov wrote:
> 	Hi,

> and then, it prompty crashes and the crash dialog is displayed. The only
> lead that gnome developers have given me is that gnome-terminal might be
> using Xft1 instead of Xft2. I have Xft2 and it seems to work with all
> other Gnome 2.2 applications.

Out of curiosity, do you have any non-standard optimizations in your
compilation?  I package GNOME for Arch Linux, which is i686 optimized,
and have this exact same problem, and haven't yet found a solution -
problem exists using both Xfree86 4.2 and 4.3 (and I'm fairly sure its
not linking against Xft1 one there).  I checked bugzilla, the debian
sources, and garnome, for info (build rules, etc.) and didn't find much
of help...