Re: panel notification area -- not many apps

Hey,

> I would like to be able to put more things in the notification area such
> as the volume control, the gweather applet, a wireless link monitor and
> a battery monitor..

If you check out 'battfink' in cvs.gnome.org, it provides a battery
monitor.

>  right now these all exist as panel applets, and I
> think they are MUCH better suited as notification area icons.

The problem is that the notification area isn't session managed - it's
probably something that we need to figure out in the future though.
Battfink has some interesting hacks to get around this.

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)