Re: adding dead space to floating panels

> That just sounds like a dodgy user model to me, though[1], I suspect a
> new user would probably look for Actions->Connect to Internet or a
> dial-up icon on their desktop or something...

I agree that a nice dialup program is nice, but for the moment
modemlights+wvdial/ppp is the best dialup setup in gnome.

We really could do with a simple kppp style dialup program that has a
notification area applet. Although that would take away the benefits of
using ppp(logging out does not drop the connection) so it would be nice
to hang on to modem lights too.

--
		 .--= [ MArk Finlay - sisob ] =--.

        [ Gnome User's Board : www.gnomesupport.org/forums ]