Re: adding dead space to floating panels

Hey,

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 15:38, Michael Toomim wrote:
> Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > 	So, I think I've come to the conclusion that floating panels without
> > buttons should have a grab handle on each end. I've tried it out and it
> > doesn't look too bad at all. Thoughts anybody ?
>
> But if floating panels get grab handles, then why shouldn't ALL panels
> get grab handles for consistency?

	When I said floating panel I meant "one of those panel types that don't
expand to fill the screen width/height" - i.e. all panel types except
edge panels.

	Now, if you want a grab handle on an edge panel, then that's a
different deal. You're less likely to want to use a grab handle on an
edge panel ... but sure, there are *some* cases when you might want it.

	BUT

	/me looks around for Seth

	it would break "Fitt's law". And hell has no fury like Seth when the
law of Fitt is breaketh ...

Good Luck,
Mark.