Re: Not-so-newbie question: volume control

Dennis J Perkins wrote:

Do you have a speaker on the menubar?  If so, you should be able to
right-click on it and select Open Volume Control.  That will bring up
gnome-volume-control.  Left-clicking brings up a single control.

Ah, that was the clue I needed: gnome-volume-control! A Google search revealed that gnome-volume-control was part of the gnome-media package, which was not installed on my system. I have just installed it. Thanks!

Geoff