Re: Cannot get back into GNOME

I think I have worked out what the problem is. No idea on the solution though. Ends up that it isn't anything to do with gnome ....

When I drop back out of Twm to the text prompt there is this error printed out:

"(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:1:0:1) found"

Finally found something somewhere with a similar problem.

http://linux.ucla.edu/pipermail/linux/2003-February/008151.html

Looks to me as if fglrx driver was written with 1:0:1 set to primary
(this is the DVI connector)since it has the correct vendor and version
string. The kernel does not seem to know that 1:0:1 is a VGA connector
(Unknown device) even. So I can't really call to it from XF86Config. I
can only call to 1:0:0...

That particular exchange didn't come up with any solution that I can find .....

Catch ya,

DBW
Melbourne       | http://ozreef.org/
Australia       | dbw ozreef org