Can't run gnucash....

Hello? Anyone out there?

I am runnng gnome desktop 2.4. I want and really need to get gnucash
running. I install it to my debian system with apt-get, and when I try
to launch it I get an error message, about an unbound variable. The
output is some type of machine code and won't allow me to copy it into
this email.

I am often available on irc.freenode.net in #utah or on irc.gimp.org in
#gnome.

Please, email me at drjones vii com or find me in one of those channels
under nickname "bonez39" if you can help me get gnucash running.

Thank You,

Dr. Scott Jones