Re: Again: Created menu items only visible for root

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 00:59, Frank Hrebabetzky wrote:
> them into place (applications-all-users:///) with Nautilus as root. Now
> these new items work when I start X as root, but they are invisible for a
> normal user. Setting the execute bit of the .desktop file for 'rest of the
> world' didn't help.

I'm assuming you have the read bit set for world as well...

You also need to ensure that the directories from root (/) down to there
as also traversable (execute bit set) fro world as well.

--

 Simon J.P. Wong

 E: simon thoughtworx com
 W: www.thoughtworx.com