Re: Using FVWM with Gnome2

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 08:59:05PM -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> Anyone know what's up here?  Is there some kind of WM hint or something
> the splash screen is waiting for?  I'm using FVWM 2.5.6.

Yeah, there was a bug/misfeature/something in gnome-session where it
waits for one of the _NET_WM hints to be set - I forget which one
exactly. Probably the one that lets you check that a WM is running, I
forget its exact name.

If fvwm is working for you with GNOME, presumably you have an
fvwm that is aware of the _NET_WM hints though, so I would expect
it to set this hint. Maybe worth reporting the issue to the
maintainer of the fvwm _NET_WM feature.

Havoc