mondoarchive errors?

I am running a Debian box, trying to setup a backup task using
mondoarchive, I have version 1.61-2 and I can not make it work without
having a kernel oops.

I am running a 2.4.20 kernel that I compilied myself and have install
mondo using a deb package. I have been running this kernel for quite
sometime without problems, only when I run mondoarchive doies it kernel
opps on me.

I do believe a userland app should not be able to crash a kernel space
app (?), has anybody had success with mondoarchive?

Thanks.
--
Jeffrey Bell <jfbell earthlink net>