Re: Gdk-pixbuf 0.20.0 is released

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 12:01:27AM +0200, Tomasz Kłoczko wrote:
> > On 27 Sep 2002, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > [..]
> > > ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdk-pixbuf/0.20/gdk-pixbuf-0.20.0.tar.gz
> >                                                    ^^^^
> > Why was changed flat ftp hierarhy tree ?
>
> The structure of the whole FTP repository has been changed recently (a
> couple of weeks back). It was discussed in quite some detail on
> desktop-devel prior to that, so have a look in the archives if you want
> to see the discussion.

In case like above it makes _much_ more harder automated detecting new tar
ball viersions on ftp (best is flat strcture like before). I can't find
any disscuss about this (looking on "ftp (re)structure"|"ftp new
hierarhy"|"ftp new tree" points to nowhere or to very old messages
about previouse ftp changes).
What does this improves ?

kloczek
*Ludzie nie mają problemów, tylko sobie sami je stwarzają*
Tomasz Kłoczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: kloczek rudy mif pg gda pl*