Re: Sawfish compiling problems

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 03:00:22PM +0000, is118149 mail udlap mx wrote:

> Hello there again. Well, almost all gnome2 were compiled by me in mi
> pc. However, I still have problems:
> I had a lot of problems with the version of the packages, but they were
> "fixed". The only one package I can't compile is Sawfish. In fact,
> when I ran the configure script, it alerted me it couldn't find some
> libraries ( glib, gtk ... ) and the problem is, that all the compiled
> libraries appears in /usr/local/include ( the headres, sorry ), but, for
> example, glib headers directory appears like glib-2.0 and not like
> glib.

It sounds like you are using a really old Sawfish source tarball (you
should be building from sawfish-2.0.tar.gz). Is this case? What _should_
be happening is that the sawfish build runs

	pkg-config --cflags gdk-pixbuf-imlib-2.0

in essence, to get the location of the header files for that package and
so on. This should be something like /blah/blah/blah/include/glib-2.0 and
/blah/blah/blah/gtk-2.0, etc. Then everything works fine.

Since this is not happening for you (and it isn't a common bug report),
either your Sawfish distro is not up to date, or the pkg-config call is
getting confused.

If you cannot work out what is going on (run the pkg-config command
above, for example and see what it gives you), file a bug report against
Sawfish, giving the relevant versions of both the packages it cannot
find and the Sawfish tarball you are building from.

The only other thing I can think of is that you have built gtk, glib,
etc with some special prefix that is not also being passed to Sawfish,
although that is unlikely (since you said they ended up in /usr/local/).

Malcolm