Re: Will Gnome _EVER_ be stable?

stan wrote:
Followup to this (after a 3 hour restore from tape in the middle of the
night).

I can relaibly reproduce this crash now. Details folow.

Machine 1.2GHZ Athalon 750M memory
Gnome woody .debs

Login in using gdm. Log right back out (within say 30 seconds).
The WILL trash your panels.

Hope that helps.

Bollocks!!

I did this just for kicks. Logged out, logged back in, waited for everything to come to life then
logged back out again. When I logged in again, the only thing that was amiss was that two terminals
had shrunk in size to something < 80 x 24.

The hardware is dual 1.2Ghz Athlon MP .5 Gb Ram, gnome, rh 7.2 2.4.9-31.

What files should I be looking at in .gnome* for evidence of tampering.

BTW, this to me is not even a nuisance compared to my anecodotal evidence of memory loss.
It reminds me of the old days when I was on Solaris 2.5 only to have to log out of CDE every couple
of days to stop the memory creep.

Henry

neither liberty nor safety."
                                                -- Benjamin Franklin

--

I didn't say it would be easy. I just said it would be the truth.
-Morpheus