Re: (no subject)

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 03:50, Dave Bordoley wrote:
> There are reports of people having it work reasonably well with pentium
> 1's with 96mb. A pentium 400 with 128mb is recommended though for the
> whole experience i believe.

I am running g2 on a PII300 with 96 meg ram.  It's about as fast as g1.4
overall but does startup quicker when logging on.

My biggest problem is memory. the apps run fastenough by them selves,
but open a couple and start useing swap space and the whole thing crawls
along, buttons respond to the mouse seconds later and windows take 10's
of seconds to redraw when raised etc.

But thats life with an old PC, I am sure it runs a dream on a P4 and a
gig of ram :o)