Re: Gnome2 Performance (was: no subject)

I don't think the system monitor accurately reports system memory usage,
in relation to applications - it will include buffers and caches, which
on this machine are around 120MB currently - that's memory that can be
thrown away in a moments notice for an appliaction, but the kernel uses
to speed up disk access and so on.

Sean Etc.