Re: control center hangs

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:56, you wrote:
> Control center hangs when I try to view my workspaces properties.  I go
> to control center > sawfish windows managger > workspaces, as soon as I
> click on workspaces my control center hangs.  My cpu meter shoots up to
> %100 and I have to kill it to free up my cpu. Here's a small snapshot of
> what's going on while it's hanging:

Hi,

I have had this happen a number of times over the years.... It has always
been fixed by making sure I had a fully consistent installation (libraries,
apps, configs etc).  It appears to result from some sort of inconsuistency,
but I don't recall seeing any real explanation.

Have you tried using that extraordinarily irritating yet useful application
"red-carpet"?  Despite its many shortcomings it does seem to keep the
installation consistent - when it doesn't fail!

Good luck,

Andy.