Re: Gnome Lock Down

Mark Cooke <segfault blueyonder co uk> writes:

> That's something I have been wondering for a while, as we use win2k/NT
> on our Desktops at work, and trying to convince the boss to switch to
> Gnome (as 50% of our servers run linux, so thats half the battle),
>
> but he wants the desktops locked down like in windows for the users (as
> sys admins were trusted, which is a damn good policy is u ask me), so
> currently Linux on the desktop is a no..no, due to this

GNOME 2 theoretically supports this, though I think in practice it
will take a while to get all the glitches worked out. For example
sometimes you lock a setting but the app still lets people change it,
or the app just gets really confused. So case-by-case bugs need filing
for each such instance...

Havoc