gnome_canvas with aa

Hi,

This weekend I figured I would try to create a little timmer/stopwatch
to force myself to really sit down and learn to program ui's in gnome2.
 What I have is quite nice (not quite ready for anything real, many
things are still hard coded...).  I used the canvas method of lcd
display that rhythmbox used...

I do have a question though.  How do I size the aa pango text such that
the font takes up as much space as it can without going over the bounds
of the fixed size gnome_canvas object?  Meaning, I want to use the
current rcstyle font, but I want to change the size to fill the lcd
panel, without going over and making sure the text is always the proper
size for the box.  Is there a way to do this with the gnome_canvas
object?

Thanks

=====