Re: Menus - I dont' get gnome2 (reprise)

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 06:09:17AM +0000, George Farris wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 20:27, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, there was such an item. Among Close, Exit, Quit, Kill, and whatever
> > > other such things there may be, most people will not know what the
> > > differences are between them. This should be apparent if you watch
> > > people use Microsoft Office or ask them about using it. (Microsoft
> > > apparently does and has already started making changes, or so I hear.)
> >
> > And all really beside the point.
> >

> Exactly!  I would like this feature back.  I used it **all** the time.

That's a damn shame. I hope you filed bug reports against the offending
programs.

> Maybe it would be easy to offer a patch so we could recompile the
> tasklist and have it.

You can always fork. Civility demands that you get your users to send
bug reports to you, and that you send upstream all of those which are not
due to your fork.

> Or make it only available for those willing to use gconf-edit, this
> would be the best.

Right-click on a panel or press Ctrl+F10 when an applet is focused.
Select "Add to panel->Launcher...".
Fill in the dialog with `xkill` as the command and click OK.

When some program needs to be disconnected from the server,
click the launcher, wait for the cursor to change, then click on one of the
program's windows.

Cheers,
Greg Merchan