Re: Menus - I dont' get gnome2 (reprise)

> Yes, there was such an item. Among Close, Exit, Quit, Kill, and whatever
> other such things there may be, most people will not know what the
> differences are between them. This should be apparent if you watch
> people use Microsoft Office or ask them about using it. (Microsoft
> apparently does and has already started making changes, or so I hear.)

And all really beside the point.

I understand the concept of "joe sixpack wont get it" and realise that
this is why a whole lot of usefull stuff is missing.

It's a shame teh gnome 2 developers didn't take a good look at the way
nautilus used to do it, that is having some items hidden from users who
choose to represent them selves as a novice etc.

I know it's a bit late now, but wouldn't it have been nice to have had a
system setup that way, some where the root user could set the users to
either novice or advanced, and if a user is novice then many options are
simply hidden from them, like the aforementioned "kill" thus letting
others carry on as before?

certianly this would be more fun than stuffing around clicking arrows in
the "i wanabe a windows registry" configuration editor hopping to find a
chack box that has what you want, instead it could have simply been
there, where it was, but hidden from my other users.

Any way, just me whishing I had mentiond this two years ago...