Re: How do you change the resolution in gnome?

Thanks, I did not know about the ximian setup tools. I am going to have to try them out.

-Alan

Håvard Wigtil wrote:

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 15:01, Alan LaViolette wrote:

This would make a good app for gnome maybe. I small program that allows the user to select a resolution and even color depth. I know that for someone who just wants to change the resolution it can be hard to understand the XF86Config file. Does X provide any way to get a list of the supported resolutions that can be switched to by the Ctl-Alt-+ Ctl-Alt--? And does X have a way to change the resolution with an API call? I do not know the X API, but could someone point me at a good webpage or book to learn this kind of thing.

Have you looked at Ximian Setup Tools? The latest release includes
display setup: http://www.ximian.com/devzone/release_notes/xst/0.11.html