Re: How do you change the resolution in gnome?

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 15:01, Alan LaViolette wrote:
> This would make a good app for gnome maybe.  I small program that allows
> the user to select a resolution and even color depth.  I know that for
> someone who just wants to change the resolution it can be hard to
> understand the XF86Config file.  Does X provide any way to get a list of
> the supported resolutions that can be switched to by the Ctl-Alt-+
> Ctl-Alt--? And does X have a way to change the resolution with an API
> call?  I do not know the X API, but could someone point me at a good
> webpage or book to learn this kind of thing.

Have you looked at Ximian Setup Tools? The latest release includes
display setup: http://www.ximian.com/devzone/release_notes/xst/0.11.html

--
    Håvard

havardw stud ntnu no||http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~havardw||+47 93 84 64 68
All it takes to start an avalanche is one snowflake||Or a snowboarder
     Oh! Un Fraggle! Regarde, maman! J'ai attrapé un Fraggle!