Re: Some example code for a new crash handler

Hongl Lai <hongli telekabel nl> writes:
> I tested that, but I found at that that doesn't happen.
> When strlen(NULL) is called, it causes sigsegv, and then signal handler
> is called.
> When the signal handler returns, the program causes a sigsegv again, and
> the handler is called yet again.
> This goes on infinitely, until the program exits.
> Thus strlen(NULL) will never be finished.

On some specific version of some specific operating system in some
specific program. The behavior here is totally undefined - what it
does in one case is meaningless. Testing does not mean anything.
That's why trying to ignore segv is so dangerous.

Havoc