Re: Some example code for a new crash handler

On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 18:56, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> It just doesn't work - there is no way to "recover" from segv.
>
> Most typically I'd expect you'd get dialog after dialog as the initial
> segv resulted in more and more segvs. Worst case you could get
> dangerous behavior such as writing memory garbage to files.
>
> The right solution here is twofold: a) features such as auto-backup in
> the applications and b) fix bugs that cause crashes...
>
> Havoc

This *isn't* intended to be a fix for segfaults.
It is a workaround, to give the user time to save the document.
As for the segv flood: if I call a gtk_main() in the signal handler, it
won't recieve any more sigsegv until either gtk_main() exits or if the
program crashes again.

But please, why don't you try out the example code and then judge?