Some example code for a new crash handler

Do you hate crashes? You know, you're writing a document in your word
processor, or browsing the web, and then suddenly, "This program has
crashed blah blah...".
Currently, when a GNOME program crashes, it simply displays a dialog and
tells the user that the program has crashed, and must be closed.
I don't think this is a good thing to do.
The user doesn't get a chance to save any open documents.

I have made a small example program that displays a crash dialog, but
lets the main program alive so the user can save any open documents
before closing the program.
The code is attached in this email (2.1 KB).

I think GNOME 2.0 should handle crashes this way.
Comments? Suggestions? Flames? Trolls? ;-)