Re: Gnome2: Why UI change? ( or why a Gnome user since 1.0 is con templating leaving)

David Grega wrote:
I like the idea this is customizable however I think if we made it more
obvious wjich button was which so that basically even a geek that has spent
the last 12 hours migrating to Linux and setting up Gnome can click the
correct buttons while half asleep - we'd have a better system overall.

How about making the buttons like RED for a "negative" choice like
no/abort/cancel and GREEN for a "positive" choice like yes or okay. Of course,
this can lead into a while big thing about color psychology.  My personal
opinion is we leave that up to the people in charge of localizing Gnome to
deal with that instead of trying to deal with this on a global scale.

The green/red color is a reasonable suggestion, so long as it's customizable. I for one, would find it pretty ugly if I couldn't change the color of the button, once I've gotten used to the orientation of the buttons. After all, that's what makes themes so nice.

On the other hand, we could always prompt with multiple popups. After you select no/yes, you get another popup that inquires: "are you sure, yes/no", After you answer that one, you get another popup that inquires: "do you have a note from your mother? yes/no"..... :)

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric 3times25 net