From: "Gerald Henriksen" <ghenriks rogers com>
To: "Gorycki, Janusz" <Janusz Gorycki intel com>
Cc: <gnome-list gnome org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 11:30 AM
Subject: Re: Gnome2: Why UI change? ( or why a Gnome user since 1.0 is con
templating leaving)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:05:25 +0100, you wrote:

>> Now I am sure the Mac way of having the yes/ok button on dialog boxes
>> at the lower right makes sense, however given that the rest of the
>> world (including Gnome) has long since standardized on yes/ok being at
>> the lower left why would Gnome change it now?
>
>Have I read this correctly ? You are considering abandoning GNOME because
>dialog buttons are at the lower right instead of lower left ?

No, the order of the buttons.

With Gnome 1.*, KDE, Windows, Motif, Java the buttons would be:

              Yes    No

With Gnome 2 they are switching to:

              No     Yes

Thus they are reversing the order of the dialog box buttons, which
means for anyone other than a Mac user the odds of clicking on the
wrong button have increased, and likely by a fair bit when you
consider that most people on Linux are using a mix of Motif/KDE/Gnome
apps.