Re: Gnome2: Why UI change? ( or why a Gnome user since 1.0 is con templating leaving)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:30:50 -0600, you wrote:

>On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 11:30:54AM -0500, Gerald Henriksen wrote:
>> With Gnome 2 they are switching to:
>>
>>               No     Yes
>
>There should be no Yes/No in GNOME 2 (or any other UI for that matter).
>(And if that's changed since I quit the HIG, . . . )

Just used Yes/No for a simple example to show order.

>The debate over this raged on for a while and you can find it in
>the archives of various lists at http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ .

Any idea of a rough idea when?  If I get the time I would like to know
the reasoning behind going against existing practice by 95% of the
computing world.

>> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/hig-0.1/windows.html
>
>I suggest tracking the CVS HIG instead.
>  http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/

Doesn't really matter as the program I have started working on
certainly won't be following the Gnome2 recommendations.  I wouldn't
put any prospective users through the hassle.