Re: Gnome2: Why UI change? ( or why a Gnome user since 1.0 is con templating leaving)

> The debate over this raged on for a while and you can find it in
> the archives of various lists at http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ .

> > http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/hig-0.1/windows.html
>
> I suggest tracking the CVS HIG instead.
>   http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/
>
> > Sun (Java Swing), look at order of command button row in picture:
> > http://java.sun.com/products/jlf/ed2/book/HIG.Dialogs2.html

Frankly, this is just bizarre if I am following this discussion
correctly. The single image on that first page has the buttons in an
order that very few people will expect. Did the HIG actually expose any
non-hacker-type people to this new order and get positive feedback?

BTW all the command buttons on the last page you list - the java.sun.com
page - are in the "normal" order. That is, they are organized in just
the opposite of what Gnome2 is apparently going to use.

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering