Re: Gnome terminal key mapping changes?

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 18:27, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> It's also possible that the problems you're seeing are simply
> locale/encoding related, due to the switch to UTF-8 locales.
> i.e. they may not reflect a bug, just the terminal being in encoding A
> and the app being in encoding B, or the app not understanding how to
> handle different encodings.

For the archives and edification of the list members:

As I found out after some Etherealing, the problem seems to be that g-t
2.x/vte sends the keypad control characters as \E0A, \E0B, etc. and
xterm (and presumably g-t 1.4.x) sends \E[A, \E[B.  The application I
was having problems with is apparently expecting the xterm style.

> Yeah, I wasn't sure how to do that dialog. It exposes unfortunate
> technical details to users.

Perhaps have a "disable all keygrabbing" option that encompasses
everything in that dialog?  Perhaps a little more cluttered but very
clear.  Also, it would be quite convenient to have those definitions be
per-profile.  They don't appear to be now (as I found out after I remove
all of them :/).

Thanks,
Sean