Re: Alternative Gnome.

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 21:17, Aschwin van der Woude wrote:
> > It was Garnome. Thanks for jogging my memory.
> >
> > I didn't remember it as being development/beta. I thought it was a final
> > release alternative.
> >
> > Any way, I will look at the URL you have given me and find some more about it.
> > As it is only beta, I probably shall not download and install it.
>
> As daunting as it might seem, it is actually fun. And garnome allows you test the
> Gnome latest and greatest without having it interfere with the rest of your system.
>
> -A.

Also to add a plug - an alternative way to build gnome into rpms is
http://www.redtux.demon.co.uk/gnome/yagnobs

(simple, builds rpms (except libxslt - issue with rpm versions), uses
included checkinstall )

Works for cvs and tarballs

It is basically my buildscript, and I upload revisions about every
couple of weeks with build fixes and new modules.