Re: Alternative Gnome.

On Tuesday 03 December 2002 17:31, Peter Ronai wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 17:12, Keith Powell wrote:
> > I know that the Ximian alternative to the "native" Gnome is still
> > available, but I remember that some time ago there was another
> > alternative.
> >
> > Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the person who was responsible
> > for it, or how long ago it was. I have looked in the list archives, but
> > can't find anything about it. All I remember was that it was "cutting
> > edge", and one downloaded and installed the source files. There were some
> > very good reports of this version.
> >
> > Sorry to be so vague.
> >
> > Can anyone guess who I am referring to?  Is these alternatives still
> > available; if so where can I find out about them?
> >
> > The jackpot question is:-
> >
> > If there is a Gnome2 version available, is it any good and how does it
> > compare with the standard Gnome2?
>
> don't you think Garnome?
> but that is a development/beta quality
>
> http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/garnome/
>
> dz

Hello Peter.

It was Garnome. Thanks for jogging my memory.

I didn't remember it as being development/beta. I thought it was a final
release alternative.

Any way, I will look at the URL you have given me and find some more about it.
As it is only beta, I probably shall not download and install it.

Many thanks

Keith