Multiple sessions

When there are multiple workstations attached to a server, it is easy to
forget that you are already logged on at another screen.  When logging on
to Gnome while already logged in elsewhere, the only indication of this
situation is the dialog saying "You did not log off properly: cleanup or restore
session?" (or words to that effect).  However, there is no option to abort
the logon.

I have tried continuing to use both sessions at once with an inocuous account
(for my 4 year old), and nothing bad seemed to happen other than the
start-up dialog.  But I get the feeling that the Gnome designers haven't
thought this scenario through very thoroughly.  I worry that configurations
may get corrupted.

If multiple simultaneous use of a login from several terminals is not
supported, then there should be a locking mechanism giving the second
login the option of automatically logging out the first workstation, or
aborting the second login.

--
			Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>
	"[Microsoft] products are even less buggy than others, in terms of