Multi-User Sound problems

The latest esound updates from Ximian for RedHat 7.2 have broken
multi-user sound.  I run LTSP terminals running esd, plus the console.

Normally, logging in from LTSP causes wave audio to be directed to the esd
server on the thin client.  Logging in on the console causes esd to be
loaded for that user, and logging off causes esd to shut down again.

Now, logging in from LTSP causes esd to load on the server - grabbing the
audio if it has permissions!  This is rather wierd, having audio result
from actions at the other side of the room.  Furthermore, esd no longer
shuts down at logout.  If no LTSP terminals are used, but two different
logins are used on the console, the first login still owns the audio.  For
the second login to use audio, I must first kill esd and chown /dev/dsp,
/dev/mixer, etc., then load esd for the new user.

Does anyone know what is going on?  And what version this was broken on,
so I can go back?  That is a drawback to depending on 3rd parties to tell
me what needs upgrading . . .

--
			Stuart D. Gathman <stuart bmsi com>
	"[Microsoft] products are even less buggy than others, in terms of