Basic linking/debugging problem

Hi all.

Don't kill me yet...

I've got a very simple question: Why, if I do a 'ldd myprog', and this program
actually uses libgnome (it's got an #include <gnome.h>, and calls several of
gnome's functions), so why doesn't libgnome appear in the ldd-list?

In particular - I'm trying to find out which part of gThumb has included an
old version of png.h. I'm doing this because I get a startup error:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.0.11
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.2.4

In the main program of gthumb I found:

129             pixmap_file = gnome_pixmap_file ("gthumb.png");
130             gnome_window_icon_set_default_from_file (pixmap_file);

This is where the error happened. So - with my limited knowledge - I deduce
that it's gnome that's calling pngread, either directly or indirectly. Can
someone please clarify?

Thanks!
John