Re: Exit GNOME login...

ctrl-alf-fX is only needed if you are in X. If you are in a regular console, alt-fX works just fine.

From: "Andrew O. Mellinger" <andrew crashbox com>
To: Renze de Ruiter <renze ihug co nz>
CC: gnome-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Exit GNOME login...
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 13:03:46 -0700

At 7:58 AM +1200 9/25/01, Renze de Ruiter wrote:
On Tue, 2001-09-25 at 05:25, Andrew O. Mellinger wrote:

     Is there an easy way to exit the GNOME login back to the console?
 Is there some special login name, or command sequence?

Depending on your distro, you could have several virtual terminals
already running.  Pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 will get you to the first one (I
have six - F1 to F6), and (again, depending on your distro - my example
is for Red Hat) Ctrl-Alt-F7 will get you back to your X terminal.  You
can do this at any time, and you can be logged in on any of them at any
time.

 Ahh!  I had tried that (sort of).  Usually it is simply Alt-Fx to
switch terminals and that doesn't work anymore.  But I tried your
suggestionb of the Ctrl-Alt-Fx combination and that works wonderfully!

Thanks
Andrew
--
 mailto:andrew crashbox com                http://www.crashbox.com