cut-n-paste _into_ xterm in gnome ? (Solaris-8 intel)

Hello Family,

I'm using Solaris-8 (intel) and I can cut from a console window and
paste into Netscape's browser no problem but when I try and
cut-n-paste _into_ an xterm window it won't accept the input.

This works fine for me in FreeBSD, Linux etc.

Is there a place in Solaris-8 Gnome port (installed off SUN/Gnome CD)
that allows me to control or enable this function?

Thanks for you consideration.

--
Bill Schoolcraft	Linux/Unix System Engineer
650 Townsend Street	San Francisco, CA 94103