Gnome menu config file?

Can anyone tell me where the Gnome menu settings are kept? Is it a
single file that I can edit? That would be a lot easier than using gmenu
(no offense intended, I just prefer to do it that way). Besides, I
should be able to do that su-ed to root from a terminal; I apparently
don't have sufficient permissions as a regular user to edit much of
anything.

I'm using Gnome 1.2 and RedHat 7.0 if it matters.

Thanks.

|  Len Philpot   ><>    len philpot org    http://philpot.org/  |
|  len_philpot hotmail com (alt)  len philpot cleco com (work)  |