Re: Ximian desktop background image

Don't uncheck the "Use Gnome to set Background" option. Keep it
selected. Then, in the section for wallpaper, choose "None". In the
color section (just below), choose "Solid". The background should now be
a solid color when you press ok.

	= Loban

On 05 Sep 2001 14:30:07 -0400, Sean Murphy wrote:
> I've got a machine running RedHat 6.2 on an older machine that I
> upgraded to Ximian Gnome 1.4.  I'm using Sawfish as my window manager.
>
> The problem is that I'm using Exceed on my desktop PC to connect over
> XDMCP to the Linux machine, and it is extremely slow to use, because
> everytime I move a window on the Linux box, it has to redraw the desktop
> and Ximian Gnome has that desktop picture of the monkey, instead of some
> sort of tiled background, or solid color.  I can't figure out how that
> picture is put on the desktop.  In the gnome control center, if I look
> under Desktop -> Background, for Wallpaper it says "none", "centered"
> and for Color it says "Solid".  I unchecked the "Use GNOME to set
> background" box and reset the background and now I have some sort of a
> purple/grey speckled background, which seems to redraw much faster, but
> if I could get it to a solid color, I think it would go even faster.
>
> My question is, where is this stuff currently getting set?  After
> un-clicking the "Use GNOME to set background" box, all the Wallpaper and
> Color stuff is greyed out.  I can't find anything in the Sawfish options
> that controls the background pattern, so at this point, I don't know
> what is setting my desktop pattern!
>
> Any ideas?
> Sean

|   Loban Amaan Rahman  <-- anagram of -->  Aha! An Abnormal Man!   |
|  loban earthling net, loban ugcs caltech edu,  http://i.am/loban  |