Ximian Install dictates?

I installed RH 7.2 on a test system and then started the download for
Ximian. Why the heck would balsa and jpilot be listed as a necessary
removals to install Ximian?
I must say I feel a bit concerned that Ximian is trying to dictate what
to and not to use, shades of MS?
Hopefully I am wrong on this and there is a real reason for this to be
done, none were listed.
I think that the Ximian install process needs to give detailed reasons
why something needs to be removed, or better yet, give the user the
options of what to do at this time. Example, if something "needs" to be
removed, state why, and an alternative path as to not have to do the
"necessary" removals, this could be an app that the user wants and
needs.
For the most part I like the Ximian desktop. Would prefer them not
messing with menus as they do, and some other minor things, but that is
preference. But I currently can think of no reason that an app like
balsa would need to be removed to install Ximian?

			Sean