Re: Floppy disk access in Gnome.

Hello-

George Farris wrote:

> If Linux wants to be accepted by main stream users such as students at
> local colleges, it MUST change the way the floppy disk and to a lesser
> extent cdrom is handled.

I see no mention of your trying the mdir, mformat, mcopy series of
commands.
Have you used them?  They allow one to skip floppy mounting.

Further, if a sysadmin or experienced user prepares the /etc/fstab file,
mount and umount can be requested without any arguments.  When this is
done,
it feels pretty dummy-proof to me.  That's the way I approach my cdrom
drive.

Art