gnome-wm problem

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem with gnome-wm. I use IceWM and it works fine,
except that the progress bar hangs just after displaying "starting
gnome-wm" for 20-30 seconds.Then the rest of gnome is loaded without any
problem. This problem doesn't appear for every users. I have 4 accounts
on my machine (root + 3 users), and only 2 users have this problem when
launching gnome. I thought it was a problem with the permissions, but
all users belong to the same group.

Can somebody help me to sort it out?

BTW, my configuration is :
Xfree 4.1.0, kernel 2.4.10, gnome 1.2, all compiled locally.

Thank you for your help.

Seabastien.