Re: Looking for ways to speed up Ghome

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 01:14:07PM -0400 or thereabouts, ShadowWalker Delaforge wrote:
> Hi all: Newbie to linux here. I'm looking for ways to speed up Gnome.
> Currently I'm using it on a 266, with 192 megs memory. On this machine,
> Windows is just fine, however Gnome is very sluggish. For example, Opera takes
> almost 30 seconds to load, while on Windows, it takes barely 2 seconds.

Someone, and I can't think who, sent a brilliant list of things to do
to speed GNOME up to this list a month or two (or more?) ago. You should
be able to find it in the archives. It had a fairly obvious subject.
I am not on my normal machine, so can't check right now.

It ranged from the file manager to backgrounds, images, and window manager
settings.

Telsa