Re: Can't compile Control Center on Solaris

On Thursday, October 04, 2001 10:21:00 -0500, kliermanm bigfoot com wrote:
+----
| no doubt about that.... just out of curiosity, what version of solaris
| are you running?  I used to run 2.5, and compiling gnome was BRUTAL.
| Now i'm running 2.6, and it's TONS better, but still not clean.
+--->8

Gnome relies on a lot of "newer" features. 2.5 didn't have most of them; 2.6 has some, and later releases have more. (For example, no *snprintf() on 2.5.)

Also, building Gnome is pretty much a lost cause unless you have a complete GNU toolchain.

--
brandon s. allbery    [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery kf8nh apk net
system administrator       [WAY too many hats]         allbery ece cmu edu