Re: Can't compile Control Center on Solaris

Aha! Thanks to all. I just tossed a loaf in the directory's Makefile like
y'all suggested and it worked like a charm. Now on to the next
nightmare...

> no doubt about that.... just out of curiosity, what version of solaris
> are you running?  I used to run 2.5, and compiling gnome was BRUTAL.
> Now i'm running 2.6, and it's TONS better, but still not clean.

I'm on Solaris 8. I don't think one single Gnome component compiled out of
the box... I've had to to all kinds of nasty things, like simlinking
header files all over, to commenting certain checks out of the configure
scripts, changing code... I don't even remember anymore. I should've kept
a diary.

Another annoying thing is that half the packages don't even list what they
depend on, presumably because all this stuff is standard on Linux or
something.