Re: Can't compile Control Center on Solaris

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 09:42, Kim Scarborough wrote:
> Boy, compiling gnome stuff on Solaris is a nightmare. Today's problem is
> that I'm stuck on control-center 1.4.0.1. The configure works, and the
> make almost finishes (I think), but it dies here:

no doubt about that.... just out of curiosity, what version of solaris
are you running?  I used to run 2.5, and compiling gnome was BRUTAL.
Now i'm running 2.6, and it's TONS better, but still not clean.

i found making sure you have the latest versions of ALL the misc tools
also helps alot... perl, automake, autoconfig, bison, flex, etc.

I agree with malcolm that you're missing -loaf.... i'd just hack it into
the Makefile.  [although.... i just grep'd the whole directory and i
don't have -loaf in ANY of my makefiles.... maybe something else is
going on here.]