Re: Gnome or KDE?
- From: Simon Eilting <s-eilting gmx de>
- To: gnome-list <gnome-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Gnome or KDE?
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:36:02 +0100
Personally I prefer GNOME to KDE because, well, when I used KDE (long,
long ago -- as far as a person of my age can say that, anyway, KDE2
wasn't out then), it was just ugly and didn't 'feel well' to me. So I
switched to GNOME and have used it ever since. However, when I saw KDE2
I was surprised: It feels nearly identically to GNOME but (IMO) the
themes look way better. I am, of course, very optimistic about GNOME2 in
concerning this (and about KDE3, too). You'll just have to try both.
Why's there a problem having both installed and switching between them?
- Any general commentary about your experience and why you prefer it. I see
lots of comments that say "this one is better", but honestly, I rarely see
meaty reasons, if much of a reason at all.
] [Thread Prev