RE: Gnome or KDE?

Well, I've bounced around enough to know what I prefer. After trying out
fvwm2 - including AnotherLevel (RH4 and/or 5) - AfterStep (still pre-RH6),
WindowMaker and Window Maker (used this for years - before and after the
name change - back to the .18 days, I believe, right up to the .6x revs), E,
Ximian Gnome 1.0, Gnome and Ximian Gnome 1.4, as well as KDE pre-1.0, 1.x,
and 2.1.x, I think I've finally found a desktop I'll stick with for a while.

I'm sticking with KDE - for now. I believe KDE has finally grown into a
mature product that is flexible, quick, and robust. While Gnome is all of
these as well, I had a problem with a couple of apps under Gnome. Plus with
Mandrake I was unable to create icons on the Gnome desktop. However, I have
had KDE lockup a couple of times. This never happened with Gnome or Window
Maker.

I guess it is still sort of give and take, no matter which you pick.

Oh, can anyone tell me how to get GDM to remember that I last used KDE or
Gnome or any WM for that matter? It seems stuck on BlackBox for some reason.

thanks!