ERROR: /tmp/orbit-Other wrong Permissions

Erm, I have successfully (mostly) compiled GNOME for CygWin, (done GTK, GLIB, ORBIT, and EVERYTHING UP TO AND INCLUDING GNOME-CORE) but find a few problems.

First, the only theme that works is the default, sure the others change the colour, but the Program tries to load a .SO file, while in Cygwin there are no .SO files, as most stuff is compiled statically.

Secondly, when I try to run anything gnome that uses orbit, it crashes with the following error (or something like  it):
error: /tmp/orbit-Other has wrong permissions
aborting (core dump)

Having to rm -rf /tmp/orbit-Other everything I try to run a gnome program makes it work, (with a load of 'Assertion FONT!=NULL failed' lines) but obviously something is set up wrong.
BTW, I am using GNOME 1.2, as GNOME 1.4 needs bonobo, which needs OAF which doesn't compile right, as it says there are a load of errors in ORBit, specifically in CosNaming-skels, or something.

Thankyou for any help you may give.

Kodiak.

Get a free, personalised email address at http://another.com
TXT ALRT! Stop wasting money now. Send FREE, personalised txt
from http://another.com